Search This Blog

Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday Venting

Okay, does anyone else hate Black Friday? I'm sorry, but I do not think anything less of an absolute emergency should merrit my getting up at 3am to be a WORK by 4 30am, in a jewelry store. That is just insane. And what's worse is that I know there are going to be people waiting for us to open. Crazyness. Wow. Oh, and it gets better. We're not even doing any extra type of sale today. Nope, nothing. The "big sale" is actually TOMORROW. Who set that up? Lol. Oh well. Off to work I go (It's 4:05am Pac.).

2 comments:

  1. Hello and yes I admit I am a Black Friday shopper. My mom and I have done this since I cant remember when! I am insane I know. But I am no where near all the pushing and fighting and camping out infront of the stores. NO! LOL! I simply wait until 5 mins before they open the door and patiently wait to get inside. I am sorry to hear that you have to work in that mess. I do agree it is kind of a crazy day but it's fun and I wouldn't trade a day with my mom for nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marlena, I understand tradition, and spending time with your mom. I used to do the same thing on Black Friday with my grandma before she passed away. I think spending time with family is very important.
    Now, for what happened on Black Friday... My associate and I were setting up the store at 5am when security let people in the mall to wait in line outside the stores, and I kid you not, all we heard was what sounded like a thunder rolling in. Then we saw people running past our store. It was a stampede! How ridiculous is that?!?!? I do not believe anyone was injured (THANK GOD!), but it was truly scary.

    ReplyDelete